Families Together: Meet Ups mission is to create an atmosphere of lifelong learning. Families are invited to spend time together exploring a topic inspired by the Smithsonian’s collections. Different activities are available for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and early elementary aged children. Each Meet Up will focus on a specific artwork or object and a related topic. Play stations will be available for the hour, and an educator led experience, centered around the object will take place. Explore, wonder, observe, and learn!
- Each Meet Up will occur at a different location around the National Mall
- Directions and a map will be sent prior to the event
- Bathrooms will not be provided, however, Meet Ups will be located near a museum that can be entered to use the facilities.
- In accordance with licensing requirements, everyone over the age of 2 must be masked.
- 1 ticket admits a whole family.
Description: Come explore the intersection of art and construction as we learn about the sculpture Are Years What? (For Marianne Moore) by Mark di Suvero at the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden.
Date: Saturday, May 21st
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 am