2019 – 2020 Schedule
- SEE begins Monday, September 9, 2019 and concludes Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
- Monday, June 8, 2020 and Tuesday, June 9, 2020 will be reserved for makeup days.
The Smithsonian Early Explorer Program remains closed and we are not currently accepting applications for the fall of 2021. To be placed on an interested participant list for the part-time program, please email email@example.com. Information about the full-time school and the full-time initial enrollment application.
|Indigenous People’s Day||Monday, October 14|
|Veteran’s Day||Monday, November 11|
|Winter Break||December 23, 24, 30, and 31. Classes will resume on Monday, January 6|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Monday, January 20|
|President’s Day||Monday, February 17|
|Spring Break||Monday, April 13|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 25|
Involuntary Closing Policies
If SEEC is involuntarily closed due to budgetary or other issues affecting the SI as a whole (ie. furlough or other closures affecting SEEC) or any part of SI (ie. conditions within a particular site where SEEC has classrooms), and it impacts the SEE program for more than two days, the subsequent month’s tuition will be prorated. The cost of the number individual classes missed (not including the two initial days) will be subtracted from the total tuition. The SEE program director will do its best to reschedule the two initial days for another time.
Inclement Weather Closings
- SEEC/SEE will be OPEN if the Federal Government is operating on a regular schedule.
- SEEC/SEE will be CLOSED if the Federal Government is closed.
- SEEC/SEE may operate on a LIMITED SCHEDULE when the Federal Government announces unscheduled leave, adjusted home departure, or any other approved late arrivals. Families will be notified via email by 7:00 am on the day in question.