The Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center’s Family Workshops are going virtual for the 2020 – 2021 school year. While we may not be together in person, we will continue to build family communities via online workshop series. Our workshops combine the wonders of the Smithsonian online collection, best practices of early childhood, and personal connections to foster children’s love of learning. We are excited to connect with you all!
- Classes will meet virtually on the weekends for 45 minutes.
- Small class size – limited to eight families to allow for meaningful experiences and connections.
- A video with an activity or challenge will be sent in between each weekend session.
- Additional resources provided:
- Information for caregivers regarding the benefits of the content and activities.
- Additional activities
- Related literature, videos, websites, etc., to further explore the topic.
Curious what a virtual family workshop actually looks like? Join us for a FREE sampler class on October 10th. Please register for a class time by clicking the link:
Ocean Zones & Creatures
Saturdays, October 31st – November 21st
Dive deep into the ocean to explore about what lies beneath the waves. We’ll explore the unique characteristics of each zone of the ocean, and several of its creatures including sharks, coral, and bivalves.
Time: 3:00pm – 3:45pm –OR- 4:00pm – 4:45pm
Ticket: One Family
Location: Classes meet virtually
Check out our Parenting Class offerings.