The Smithsonian Early Enrichment Center’s Family Workshops are going virtual for the 2020 – 2021 school year. While we may not be together in person, we will continue to build family communities via online workshop series. Our workshops combine the wonders of the Smithsonian online collection, best practices of early childhood, and personal connections to foster children’s love of learning. We are excited to connect with you all!
- Classes will meet virtually on the weekends for 45 minutes.
- Small class size – limited to eight families to allow for meaningful experiences and connections.
- A video with an activity or challenge will be sent in between each weekend session.
- Additional resources provided:
- Information for caregivers regarding the benefits of the content and activities.
- Additional activities
- Related literature, videos, websites, etc., to further explore the topic.
Construction & Architecture
Saturdays, February 27th – March 20th
Let’s get building! Be introduced to early engineering concepts and learn about architects.
Time: 9:00am – 9:45am –OR– 10:00am – 10:45am
Ticket: One Family
Location: Classes meet virtually
Private Classes: Want to schedule a class or a session of classes for your family and family friends? Email Brooke Shoemaker at ShoemakerB@si.edu for more information and availability.
Check out our Parenting Class offerings.